Skip to main content
All News
Cundall study shows significant energy savings have been achieved using Interact Hospitality

17 February 2020

The hotel industry faces the challenge to reduce its carbon emissions by 66% by 2030 and 90% by 2050 to stay within the 2oC threshold, as committed under the Paris Agreement (COP21).

Cundall’s study, commissioned by Signify, showed that for mid-scale and luxury hotels, significant energy savings have been achieved by using Interact Hospitality. The study shows that the integration of control systems into key building services (air conditioning, lighting and power), can play a major role in reaching the energy reduction targets set by the International Tourism Partnership, while maintaining guest comfort. On average, for each hotel studied, approximately 65% of these energy savings were due to the Interact Hospitality’s integration with the Property Management System (PMS). The remaining 35% energy savings were achieved by the real time occupancy control.

Sustainability and building performance are fundamental to Cundall. As a founding signatory of the World Green Building Council’s Net Zero Carbon Commitment, Cundall is committed to leading the way and has named 2020 as the #YearofNetZero. By June 2020 all Cundall offices globally will be carbon neutral (100% of carbon footprint reduced through renewable energy and carbon offset). Once this is achieved, the practice will continue along the path to being 15 per cent carbon positive by 2025 (115% of carbon footprint reduced through renewable energy and carbon offset).

Related